Saturday 21 April 2012

Introduction

This topic is a huge topic so I have decided to simplify it by making my fist blog post an introduction to what to expect in my next blog posts.

I will discuss three ancient world libraries using various resources. The libraries I will be blogging about and researching are:
      1. The library of Ashurbanipal
      2. The library of Alexandria
      3. The library of the Vatican
These libraries were located in three different countries. I found out about these libraries through Wikipedia, I believe Wikipedia is a very resourceful website but one should be careful because all its materials can be edited by various amounts of people, so on using it's information always double check if you are not one hundred percent sure.
Ancient libraries are sacred places that hold resources of many different kinds such as scrolls, clay slates etc that hold information from centuries ago. These materials are irreplaceable and are studied by professionals to help create and shape the history books we own today.






List of libraries in the ancient world 2012, Wikipedia, viewed 22 April 2012, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_libraries_in_the_ancient_world>
All images sourced through GOOGLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment